more Quotes

Monday, December 19, 2011

Love is

“Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life.” --M.Shain

Is it possible to have a joyful life without love? I have thought about it..and it seems to me that every joy in life stems from love. Now, if you ask Auntie about love, she will tell you that there are so many different levels to love; that it is difficult to even begin to explain. 

This quote from Shain is making several points in one swift motion. But, I believe that the majority of the point would have to settle into the idea that if one is to enjoy life, and to be happy; one must love. Fear and hesitation will only cause emptiness and misery. Even animals understand the idea of love. 

"But Auntie, animals can't decipher love from another similar emotion. Animals don't have emotions. Animals only understand repetition and routine ideas based on gratification." Well, I see what you did there. And, I do think you have a point. Can animals understand "love" from their master or another animal? I'm not sure a dog can identify his feelings of loyalty and need as "love," but I would dare you to take a moment to watch this video:


Ok. Yes... I know that video is quite disturbing. I can't watch it too much.. it bothers me quite a bit. But, I want to point out the reason I suggested you view it. 

Do you think that dog ran out into traffic to pull the wounded dog to safety because he thought he would get a treat? .. or a scratch on the ear? I'm sure some of you will try to find a rational reason for the dog to do what he did. 

But, this is Auntie's World. So, I want to remind you of a little golden nugget: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 NIV. You can believe in God, or not...but, I dare you to contest the idea behind that verse.

"But Auntie! If that dog understood love, then he has to understand fear, hate, greed, jealousy and numerous other feelings that just can't be understood by animals."

Really? ..hmm.. let's see.. That dog you have; that you've had for ten years and babied like he is a human?.. How about you go get a brand new dog and see if jealousy is exhibited at some point. Fear? Have you ever seen a dog who has been beat or mistreated? How do they react to loud noises or sudden actions? Give him a bone. See if he doesn't growl and snap at another dog if they try to take it away.

No, this blog isn't about a dog. I just got side-tracked. Sorry bout that. I just wanted to prove a very valid point.

So, with that in mind.. let's finish this up: Auntie style.

Love.

Is it worth it? Even with all of the hurt that could be involved? .. Absolutely. I have loved many times in my life. I love hard. I love fast. And, I love with my whole heart.. because of that, I am hurt a lot. I count on people to be like me. I feel that if I love like that, it will be returned in the same manner. But, the thing is: it doesn't always work that way. SO, I get hurt repeatedly.

I still take nothing back. Every tear. Every heartache I've had because of love, I cherish. Why? Because I believe that people are worth it. I believe the amount of time I spend loving someone..is not wasted. People need that. They need to be loved. They need to feel appreciated and wanted. I know that this doesn't apply to everyone, because everyone will not share my same feelings about the situation...

But, this is my blog. I am going to explain things the way I see them. The way I think they should/could be. And, I believe that the real tragedy is the one who is too afraid to love. The feeling of loving is just as deep and good as the feeling of being loved. I wouldn't have it any other way.

There's nothing greater in this life that you could expend your time and energy on.

Love is...


1 comment:

  1. Love is... The second most powerful emotion in my book. It is without a doubt the best one though. All things can begin with love, and all things may end with love.

    You are spot on, nothing can lead to happiness..... like love!

    ReplyDelete