more Quotes

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All Rolled Into One

It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I have no excuse for not writing.. I have wanted to write for the past few days (more than normal), I just haven’t taken the time to sit down and do it. I’m finding it harder and harder to situate some “me” time. I don’t even get private bathroom privileges. Not only does my four year old completely disregard privacy, but now my cat has figured out how to push the door open. Nothing like a cat rubbing on your leg while you’re trying to become one with nature.

Anyway, yes.. I know how utterly NON lady-like that was.. I’m sorry. They really need to think of another term for those of us women down here in the south who aren’t such the typical “Southern Belle.” Maybe they can call us “Ding-Dongs” or something. ..

So, I am in the middle of writing that story blog I’ve been telling you about. And, it’s coming just swimmingly; I just can’t find time to FINISH IT! See? This is why I need monetary funds. I really need someone to love me and send me many, many monies so I can go home and write. I’ll even call myself something so you can write it off as charity. … Maybe “Ding-Dong Doodler, Inc.” No, wait… a doodler is an artist… hang on…

..

……oh FIZZLE STIX!

I am not coming up with anything catchy right now. Let my mind wander and I’ll come up with something.

So, I do want to take this opportunity to tell a few people some things I feel they need to hear. And, to protect privacy and all that, I’ll just be vague (they know who they are anyway). And, please!.. if you find that one of these applies to you, take it personally.

Hey You!.. You there, the one who is giving of yourself without a second thought. The one who has a life and a family and a career and God knows what else; you are a joy to have as a friend and a jam-up example of how family members should treat one another. I know you’re tired. I know that there are ten gabillion things on your mind right now: not just the circumstances at hand, but the things that you know you could be doing instead of what you’re doing now… I know that you understand the importance of your role right now, and I know that you see the outcome as bleak and dreary…and sadly, you may be right. But, just know that the things you are doing right now make the greatest impact on those around you. …and not just the ones who are counting on you. Your level of care, love and compassion shows an unspeakable amount in reference to your character and level of humanity. And, yes, I know you feel that it’s your job anyway, but you have to just stop and realize that what you are doing right now is making one hell of a difference to those around you. Even if you think they don’t see it. I see you.

And, You over there!.. The one who is constantly doing your best, only to be brought down by those who love you the most; just remember this: People will forget what you said, and will forget what you did; but they will never forget how you made them feel. And yes, that’s a quote from Maya Angelou.. however butchered it may be. You get my point. Those around you who don’t understand what it takes to be you, will never know what it’s like to love like you do. You are a light. You’re a role model for me; even though you’re younger than I am. Keep your chin up, take care of your responsibilities like you always have and forget the rest! Let the haters hate. It only hurts them in the long run, believe me. I was a hater for a long time. It does nothing but cause grief and pain. It took me a long time to let go of what I had to let go of, but once I did; it was as if I could breathe again. My life came back to me. So, you let them hate! You hold your head up high, Honey!.. You’re awesome at what you do.

And, to You. The one who is hurting so badly from the loss of your family member. What an amazing legacy to leave! Those grandparents are special, special people. I know what it’s like to have wonderful grandparents, and I also know what it’s like to miss them every day once they’re gone. There aren’t many left like them… and that’s the endless tragedy of it all. I don’t ask you to be strong, because I believe there is a time to mourn. I only ask that you just hold onto the memories of that precious angel you were blessed to be a part of.. They will live in you.

…there are so many more I could target.. but right now, I have to go do some other stuff.. I have more, I promise. Maybe I’ll make a part 2 of this blog.. that way I can finish doling out my love and stuff.

“Ding-Dong Dilettante!”

Told you I would think of something! Let the money flow!

4 comments:

  1. That's a sweet post, AB. But then, no surprise there! I'm sure the folks you're writing about appreciate the thoughts and words. You're very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww. Thanks Cary :)

      You're a super cool guy, yourself. Don't worry, I won't blow your cover. Your secret (caring nature, understanding and attention to detail) is safe with me. Yep. We got a Bad-Ass over here, people!

      ;)

      Delete
  2. btw.. word verf: DESNETI

    I gotta get one o' desneti pots for my stupped up nose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahahaha!!! That made me snort when I laughed.

      Delete