more Quotes

Friday, November 18, 2011

Blog Challenge: Day 29

Day 29: In this past month, what have you learned?

Wow. What a loaded question!

I am going to try to do this in a very simple manner.. so that this blog won’t be ten bajillion pages long. Learning is a constant for me. I like it that way. I refuse to let something get by me without dissecting it until it’s deader than dead. I’m like an Indian with a buffalo. …I use every last piece of it. I get all the goodie I can from whatever situation I’m dealing with… it’s the only way to grow, I believe.

…Or so, I try.

So, with that said, here are some random things that I have learned this past month:

-I’ve learned that life isn’t always what you want it to be. Sometimes people will surprise you, and sometimes they will disappoint you. The beauty is in the dance. It’s still great.

-I’ve learned that people are boring creatures that look for things to do. This is why I try to always have a book, or a topic to write about, or a puzzle… I try to keep my mind busy. And, you’re welcome! Could you imagine me as a nosy, busy body who had an itch to make other people miserable!? Could you imagine what I could do!? Seesh! Glad I’m not one of THOSE!

-I’ve learned that no matter how bad my day is, or how tired I am; I have this amazing thing at home. It’s called: my family. The love of my life, and my child. The 2 most important people in my life. They make me a better person, bar none!

-I’ve learned that life is too fragile and too short to be anything other than thankful.

-I’ve learned that I can’t eat two donuts in the morning and then try to have a good day. The sugar rush kills me about 2 hours later.

-I’ve learned that rage comics are really funny and very fun to make (even if they aren’t that funny to anyone else).

-I’ve learned that my new favorite sound is the laughter of my sweetheart. He has this giggle sometimes that just makes me want to laugh with him. Plus this dimple is just ahhhhhmazing!

-I’ve learned that my child is the one that deserves my attention, regardless of what I’m doing. The adults in my life can understand this… she can’t. She’s four, and even though she acts likes she is fourTEEN most days..she is still only a child, and the center of her Mommy’s world. I can’t imagine not wanting to be part of her life. The sad thing is?... there are people out there that do just that.

-I’ve learned that I can cry, and it’s ok. I’ve cried more this past month than I have all year. I used to be the one who never cried. This month, I’ve learned that when things are important enough to you, it will show through your tears.

-I’ve learned that the things that you expect out of life, you don’t always get. And… sometimes you get things you don’t expect.

-I’ve learned that haters are gonna hate….but my friends and family make up for it, 10 fold!

-I’ve learned that people don’t always understand what I say.. and that’s ok. I know what I’m saying..

-I’ve learned that hospital couches don’t make a comfy bed, but you don’t really care about that when the one you love is sick and they don’t know why.

-I’ve learned that understanding is one of the most important attributes to have in this life. I haven’t mastered it in the least!..but I am striving for it.

-I’ve learned that I can complete something. This blog challenge has been very fun for me. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have. I know that I can ramble and go off on a rampage every now and then…but that’s Auntie!

The ones of you who love me make up for those who don’t.

One more day to go! Woot!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post, we are very alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take that as quite a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, your certainly an amazing person to me especially.You are your own individual self and I am proud of you! BUT sometimes I have to realize that I'm who I am because of the happenings in life.. Each tough situation gives you either determination to live or to just give in. You on the other hand don't give in for sure.. I admire this quality in you. We all have basic needs and the first is to be loved.. You are loved!! Now you have layers of those who love you, but a mothers love is the one that last even after death for sure.. I know just what this means.. My thoughts after your blog is one of thankfulness.. Yes not just during November but everyday.. I am thankful for you Amanda.. You know there was another baby on the way before you. Yes GOD in HIS plan for my life saw fit to let one baby pass and then you came.. I don't try to explain this other than GOD knows my heart and knew how much I would love and adore another child. Sometimes I think even now about how things may have turned out.. Well in HIS wisdom not mine.. I had to lose before I gained.. So I think the message you are writing about is the same message I live by.. Whatever comes each day is allowed by HIM and its up to us to not rely on our thoughts and plans but to trust HIM with it ALL..Yes you are a survivor and in each task and each day you know who throws out the life jacket.. Love you so! mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learned we humans can connect on so many different levels. A few years ago I would never have been able to say I believed that. Different hearts and minds equaling different souls, all having so many things in common..... it is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete