more Quotes

Friday, July 15, 2011

Books and Things

Happy Friday, Folks! It is such a wonderful day, is it not? Got air in my lungs, shoes on my feet, twizzlers in my cabinet and the sun is shining down on me. Woot.

So, today I've been pondering a couple of things and maybe I could share one or twelve. About a  month ago I decided (with some persuasion of the friendly kind) to attempt to write a book. A real book. Not a fake one. This one even has words in it! Which is great, because I have NO artistic abilities. My stick men have severe cases of scoliosis and elephantitis. So, a book with pictures is out of the question for me. <insert pouty face here>

Anywhoo.. Of course I thought it would be fun to do. I enjoy writing.. so why not give it a try? Let me just tell you this: If you are the LEAST bit OCD?.. do NOT attempt to ever write a book. Ever. I not only have had to devote gaboodles of time researching stuff (so the content of said book will be partly accurate), but I am having severe problems with time. I spend waaaaay too much time on one page. I have to make sure it's spelled correctly... swap sentences around.. complete a thought then go back and completely re-work it so it sounds better to me.

Plus? I have ran into the inevitable problem of actually having a life. SO, I can't write as quickly as I want to. Now I have this 5 chapter beginning of a book that I've written and I know how the rest of the book is gonna go.. but I don't have the time to sit down and put it on the screen. I need a secretary.

Then! I read something on the internet about actually having a book published and got all frazzled about it because it seems that if you don't have a best seller? Then basically you are just writing your first book for fun. Not that I am looking to get rich from my book about the Zombie Apocalypse... but I would like to think I could get some kind of return on all of this craziness that is created in my life due to trying to finish this dang thing.

Basically, what the article said is that if you are going to make any money at ALL writing books.. you have to write several. Now, however capable I am at doing that (because I have millions of rampant ideas for entertainment in the form of a story in my head) I don't know if I want to go through this again!
But.. for the most part.. I am enjoying it. I like telling made up stories of zombies and guns and the end of civilization as we know it. Yep. I'm just a little ray of sunshine! :)

Have a great weekend folks. I'll see you again next week. Stay safe and enjoy your friends and family. Kiss your babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment