more Quotes

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hey batter, batter!

It's so interesting to me  how people respond to situations. I am an avid people watcher. So, I am greatly intrigued by the actions the general populace distributes on occasion. For example, take a toy away from a baby, while they are playing with it. First instinct?.. You get that "what the heck" look, then you may get a crying baby. Or, depending on the child and what kind of personality they have, you may get the toy taken away from you, right back.
Let someone trip over absolutely nothing. First reaction?...they look back at it with attitude.
This is my favorite. ... You have two kids playing.. one hauls off and hits the other one, then mom comes over and hits the attacker, then says "Don't Hit!"
Huh? Got that? Yeah... I chuckled over that one, too.
 
Thing is, we all react in one way or the other. Some of us react in every way possible, then we create new ways! These people are my favorite. They are the creative humans. These are the ones that you want with you on the deserted island, cause they will eventually figure out a way to get home! They are also the ones that you do NOT want to be friends with. There's no telling what they are capable of when they get angry.
 
I find the general idea of giving something back makes me feel better. Yes.. I know, "turn the other cheek." Believe me.. I know. For the most part, I do. I'm learning patience as I age. But, sometimes? I just gotta give it back. If I don't?.. I will explode.. and then what a mess you all will have to clean up! So see? It's my way of thinking ahead. Help me, help you.
 
So.. here's my advice: Pay it Forward!
Just don't be stupid. There's a fine line between sticking up for yourself, and making yourself look like you belong in the mad house. There's a word that I love to use. Most people have NO clue what it means..OR that it even exists. It's called TACT. I like to explain tact this way: Tact is telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they will anticipate the trip.
 
You gotta let the brain work. Never a dull moment, right?
Right.
 
 
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back ~Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment