more Quotes

Monday, June 6, 2011

Thinking and Thanking

I have got to say this.. I am constantly amazed at how blessed I am. I just need to take a minute to put this all into words. I want to share it with you. Decisions are made daily.. and they aren't always the right ones. I look around and see people who are hurting from things that have happened to them and I am reminded how gracious God has been to me. Not one of us are perfect. Not one. We all make mistakes, we all take the wrong road sometimes.. and we all, individually, will answer for the things we have done.

This weekend has brought a new light into my life. I have thought about so much the past few days. I am so blessed to have the friends and family around me that I do. The people that love me no matter what. That still pray for me and want to see good things happen for me. These are the people that I cannot imagine my life without. A new light has been cast into my life as of late. I can't put into words what it means to be a part of something so great.

As with most things.. there is a light side, and a dark side. There is pleasure and there is pain. In this life, you cannot have one without the other. It's the way of the world. God says we should not be of the world. I think it's important to remember that. We all get caught up in it. It's not easy to separate ourselves from what is happening around us. But, we can choose to make a difference in how we react and how we set ourselves as an example to others. We can choose to lash out, to make a spectacle of ourselves... or we can choose to travel the road that is rough and rise above it all.

The things that happen to us, are not of our control sometimes. It is in those times that we should take life and make it what we want it to be. I heard a song yesterday at church.. "Better Than a Hallelujah" What an amazing song and an amazing message. We need to look around us.. especially in the darkest of days and see that God wants us to reach out to Him.

I don't know the answers. And, I am completely flawed. Imperfect. I make mistakes daily. I am not a prime example, by any means. But I am forgiven. And, that makes my heart ZING! The things around me?.. my blessings.. Man!.. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment