more Quotes

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Are you listening?

I keep thinking that people are worth a bit more than we give them credit for. Unfortunately, I am most often proven wrong.

Just for the record (and I know you're reading this): Stop. Just stop. I don't know how else to say it, but your incessant need to find things that you "think" will hurt me, is not working. I am very happy where I am in my life. I have the love of an amazing man and the support of a wonderful family and some JAM up friends. Ones that stand beside me, regardless of what I am going through, or what I've done.
I am very sorry that some people may never get to experience that kind of relationship with others (because their need to poke, prod and create drama overruns their "good" qualities).

Just for the record: so we can get this all clear and there are no grey areas:
I fell in love with a married man several months ago. **GASP!**

There are no other details that you really have to know. That's it. It's something that I didn't plan on doing. It's not something I set out to do. It just happened. Was it wrong? In context..Yes. Do I still think it was the wrong thing to do? No. I am where I am supposed to be. He is where he is supposed to be (which means we are together). Life is full of things that we can't control (one of which is the useless babble from third parties that have nothing better to do)...

One thing I've learned over the past few years is this: It doesn't matter! That's it. It DOESN'T MATTER what people outside of your circle of family and trusted friends do or say. And, the sad part is?.. the people who constantly do this are the exact ones who want to "pray" for you if you're in need. How about: Love your enemies. Do good to them that hurt you; and pray for them which spitefully use you and persecute you.

I am not perfect. I never will be. I am human, and I make mistakes. But it's nothing to you. I'm not calling what I've done a mistake; because it isn't. It's a road my life took me down and I am doing my best to make it to the other side.

Contrary to popular belief: Just because I fell in love with the man I'm with, doesn't mean I want yours too. Please keep them! I have my own. I find that the people that have the hardest time with the idea of "just friends" are the ones that can't keep that relationship separated in their minds.

I know that this blog is a bit personal, and it may be seen as erratic and ill-mannered. But it is what it is. I hate it when people (who are innocent) get pulled into useless drama and bull because of something someone thinks they should try and piece together.

If I am not mistaken, you have a pretty important job, don't you? Isn't that something that you should be more concerned with?

2 comments:

  1. Honey, Jesus was perfect and walked on this earth too.. Some refused to believe in HIM. Those so called righteous people found fault because HE healed on Sunday..
    Those,"idgets,*my newest made up word..still think if they put someone else down that hey themselves are elevated! Well if their heart aint right that may be the highest they ever go. GET IT! So yes pray for your enemies. Whatever happened to the old saying.."mind your own bees wax"!
    Love your writtings and please keep em coming..LOVE YOU! mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to be my biggest supporter and coach. You are the perfect mother for me and I'm so glad I have you. As I grow older, I understand the meaning of taking things for granted. I don't ever want to just be satisfied with the way I love and appreciate you. You deserve so much more than I can offer.
    I fail daily. But your love never fails me, regardless of what happens. Thank you for being exactly what I need, without strings attached and with pure perfection.
    I love you, Mama.

    ReplyDelete