more Quotes

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blog Challenge: Day 20

Day 20: Nicknames you have and how & why you have them.

Auntie A!

I am, indeed, an aunt. I currently have a 21-year old nephew, a 3-year old niece and a soon to be 1-year old nephew. My darlings.

I was Director of Radiology at a hospital for a few years… my co-workers in management always gave me hard time about spoiling my oldest nephew. I can’t help it! That’s what aunts do, right? Or that’s what I think they should do.

I was sitting outside with a few of my co-workers one day, telling them about a specific situation I was helping my nephew with (it was something ridiculous, more than likely. Like buying him a $500 phone or something).

They were giving me a hard time about it.. mocking me.

“oh, Auntie A! Can you buy me a car?”

“Auntie A, I need some new shoes.”

“Auntie A, can you give me $5000?”

So… Auntie A was born out of my co-workers making fun of me for spoiling my nephew. It was random, and it just stuck. It is shortened to just “Auntie” a lot of times. And, on some sites I use Auntie Aye (simply because Auntie A is already taken as a username). And, yes… I know how “Aye” is pronounced. I’m not illiterate. I chose it because it looks good.

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment